If you’re having a bad day, month, or even year – instead of waiting for your happiness to come in some achievement or big life change, start small by shifting your perception. I am reading a new book about the Dalai Lama. He believes people can change. We can. I know I have. You can too if you want to!
Here are 10 simple ways to change:
1. Remind yourself as much as you need to that you get what you focus on. If you don’t like what you see, change your focus.
2. Instead of asking “How can I get…?”, ask “What can I give?”. The energy of giving rewards your soul. Giving makes me feel so happy and loved.
3. Joy is contagious. When you do what brings you joy, you uplift the world.
4. Remember that what’s meant to be will always find a way, but you must do the work for your goals.
5. Any troubling situation is designed to show you what needs to be worked on.
6. Maybe you’re exhausted because you’re tired of acting stronger than you feel. It’s okay to be vulnerable.
7. They say that we should say what we need to say. There is freedom in self-expression, but I believe it’s all in the delivery. You can say it. Just be calm and loving.
8. Things don’t happen to you; they happen for you. We can change our lives.
9. They say, “Treat yourself kindly.” When you nourish the inside, the outside will flourish. I think it’s better if we say treat ourselves healthy. Often times people think kindly is a big cheeseburger and chips with a coke. That isn’t kind; that is hurting.
10. Experience is the best way to learn. What you’re going through is preparing you for what you asked for.